Wednesday, August 11, 2010

LearnBoost.Com = Free Online Grade Book

Heard about LearnBoost.com free online grade book from the ever awesome rmbyrne at freetech4teachers (subscribe to the RSS!) and signed up.  So far, daddy like.

In semesters past I've used a Google Docs spreadsheet and not been terribly fond of it.  Though I am a big Docs fan, I think it had to do with my not being "a spreadsheet kind of guy."  But LearnBoost seems much easier on the eyes with a friendly, rounded interface and some nice human touches.  See my snapshot below, and in particular the note re: the day's calendar:

"Sweet. Nothing happening today."

Daniel Pink would call that emotionally intelligent signage, and bruddha, we need plenty of that.

I joined up under the Halifax County Public School system through which I teach dual-enrollment students, but also submitted a request for the Higher Ed Center to be recognized; received a prompt reply that higher ed is coming "pretty soon," so I'll adjust as available.

I know HCPS is currently committed to Infinite Campus, which looks daunting.  What are other teachers out there using?

~mrc

No comments:

Post a Comment